Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki review


Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki

Summary: (Spoilers)

Branded is about a girl name Lexi Hamilton who is accused of being a sinner. In this place and time the commander rules and operates the hole, where every sinner is sent to spend the rest of their life. There is no judicial system and the accused are automatically sent to the hole and branded the color of their crime. After Lexi is accused she is sent to the hole under the protection of Cole, a guard who is assigned to keep her alive. Most guards in the hole are horrible, violent, and abusive but Cole is different. Every day Lexi fights for her life and Cole and his dog Zeus seem to be the only ones trying to keep her alive. Even though Cole is a guard and it is forbidden for guards and sinners to be involved, Lexi finds herself drawn to him. As Cole learns more about Lexi his demeanor towards her starts to change and he finds himself struggling to think of her as just an assignment. They both know that it is forbidden and if caught the punishment is death but it seems impossible to ignore the feelings they have for each other. These two must decide whether to follow the rule or follow their hearts. If they chose to be together will they survive? 



Review:
Wow. This book is honestly the best book I have read so far (and I've read a lot). It is unlike any other book I've read (in the best way possible). To my surprise I was hooked from the beginning! Normally it takes a while for most books to get interesting but this book was instant excitement. It started off with excitement and danger while at the same time it introduces you to Lexi and gives you a little bit of her story. I instantly fell in love with Lexi and Cole (Omg Cole!). I felt the passion and love between them as well as their internal struggle to keep away from each other. I cried at certain events that take place (I am not a big crier!) It was as if I was in the book. I absolutely loved some characters while absolutely despising others. The detail and depth allows you to step inside and put yourself in the book. I love how there were so many major events that affected Lexi both good and bad and how she grew from them. My favorite part of the book is Lexi and Cole's love. The internal struggle of knowing its forbidden, finally accepting their feelings and them yearning to be together just left me wanting to be them! I swear this book is going to be a top seller. I could definitely see it being made into a movie! Not only is it a love story but it also has action, fighting and war. You will not regret reading this book!



No comments:

Post a Comment